Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sorry its been awhile since my last post. Since I last spoke I finished up my week in LA. Dave and I went to Santa Monica and Venice Beach to explore the dichotomy between bums on the Boardwalk. It was a lot of fun. The trip to LA was great. Staying with Dave I managed to eat healthy the entire time and workout everyday.

Dave and I drove down to San Diego Wednesday afternoon and then met with Eric at his new place which is a nice house right on the beach with an amazing view (attached is the pic).

 
Posted by Picasa


Eric took us out in Pacific Beach right near his place. It was a lot of fun but PB is like San Diegos version of a college town. We went to a place called Shore Club on the beach. It is a great feeling to start meeting new and different people again. I feel like I missed that while living in Sarasota because lets face it Sarasota is not conducive to meeting young, different people.

I slept on Erics couch and woke up to the noise of the pacific waves crashing into the shore. (probably not hard to get used too).

Today we packed up the car and drove to Indio, California for the Coachella music and arts festival. It is an amazing 3 hour drive through mountains and desert. At Coachella we camped for 4 days in the Mojave desert while spending the day time listening to the best modern bands from around the world. Some of my favorites were: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Passion Pit, Matt and Kim, Phoenix, Gorillaz, and Jay Z. I would say this had to have been one of the better experiences of my life. The people were nice, the atmosphere was great, and I was happy to spend time camping with my friends before leaving the country.

(Coachella website in case you are wondering.)


We got back from the festival Monday afternoon. I took a long needed shower!! I went to dinner with my friend John and his sister Stephanie and then fell asleep while watching a movie.

This morning Eric took me on a tour around the coastal areas of San Diego (Lahoya, Del Mar, and Encinitas) and now I get to look forward to leaving Thursday night to fly into Honolulu. Right now I am in the process of getting travel insurance, planning flights/activities, around the Hawaiian islands and sorting out a flight to Japan!!!! Life is good!!!

No comments: