Monday, February 14, 2011

Off to Japan


After a Thai breakfast we drove back to civilization with a stop a Paia beach. The next several days we have spent paddle boarding, and snorkeling. Paddle boarding has easily become my new favorite sport.

We dropped off the rental car (that helped serve as a bed for a couple night) and then jumped on a plane to Oahu. 20 minutes later I'm in Honolulu bargaining with Thrifty(whose add-ons I am starting to despise) for a rental car. Went up to No Sho for sunset and back to get a few hour of sleep before a 4am wakeup.

China Airlines flight to Narita, Japan was delayed 2 hours. While many might find this annoying and inconvenient it made me smile because I quickly realized I am on my way back to the chaotic and inconvenient continent that I love so much. When it comes to traveling in Asia Murphy's Law could not be more applicable.

John and I make up half the handful of westerners about to travel on this 747. As I here boarding calls in Mandarin, Japanese, and then English I realize it is time to get on the plane.

No comments: